10.10.2008

Response from Oliver Clark

Remember the black guy from the town hall debate who asked a pointed question about the $700 BILLION dollar government bailout? Well, if you do, you'll also remember McCain's condescending response - stating that he'd probably never heard of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac prior to current events.

Turn's out the gentleman's name is Oliver Clark, and he's posted his reaction on his facebook page. Check it:
Well Senator, I actually did. I like to think of myself as a fairly intelligent person. I have a bachelor degree in Political Science from Tennessee State, so I try to keep myself up to date with current affairs. I have a Master degree in Legal Studies from Southern Illinois University, a few years in law school, and I am currently pursuing a Master in Public Administration from the University of Memphis. In defense of the Senator from Arizona I would say he is an older guy, and may have made an underestimation of my age. Honest mistake. However, it could be because I am a young African-American male. Whatever the case may be it was somewhat condescending regardless of my age to make an assumption regarding whether I was knowledgeable about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Ouch! Loved it!

Source: MSNBC (read full article here)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP