9.10.2008

OHN: Klansman set FREE? WTF

This disgusting, racist, mf'r has been set free.
I'm going to tell you guys to excuse me on this one - but I'm about to f*cking gag:
NEW ORLEANS -- A federal appeals court on Tuesday overturned the conviction of a reputed Ku Klux Klan member serving three life sentences for his role in the 1964 abduction and killing of two black teenagers.

A three-judge panel of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it agreed with arguments by James Ford Seale's attorney that the statute of limitations in the case had expired.
Seale was convicted in June 2007 of kidnapping and conspiracy in the abductions of Charles Eddie Moore and Henry Hezekiah Dee, both 19, who disappeared from Franklin County in Mississippi May 2, 1964. Their decomposed bodies were later pulled from the muddy waters of the Mississippi River.

The 20-page ruling noted the alleged crimes occurred in 1964 and the indictment against Seale was issued in 2007.

"The more than 40-year delay clearly exceeded the limitations period," said Judge Harold R. DeMoss Jr., writing for the panel of judges that included W. Eugene Davis and Jerry E. Smith. "The district court erred by failing to recognize the presumption that changes affecting statutes of limitation apply retroactively, even without explicit direction from Congress."
I'm a law student and Full time Professional - so excuse me, I haven't read complete details of this case BUT HOW DOES THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON A FREAKING MURDER EXPIRE!!! WHAT THE F*CK! This ish makes me SICK - I don't care if the bastard is 150 years old, throw his ass in a cage and let him die. I know that's harsh, but throw his ass in there. I'm against the death penalty - so just let his ass suffer and die in the jail. I'm from Mississippi, so this hits extremely close to home for me, but there would be nothing better for me to see than his raggedy ass living a miserable ass life at Parchman Farm. Please share your thoughts. Let's also keep the families involved in this ordeal in our thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

MP September 10, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

I too would like to see this guy rot in jail. I'm probably see him rot in hell too but that's a different story all together.

The only thing this retroactive ruling has proved is that when ignorance and racism are combined the rest of us are still screwed in the worst of ways.

Keli September 10, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

Wow...

black vs. white...means a lot in the U-S of A.

RiPPa September 10, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

I read this last night online and I was like WTF? I became familiar with the case when the dude was about to be convicted.

It was such a big deal that a local channelhere in Memphis did a serious piece on it. I could remember the relatives of the deceased being so overjoyed that justice was finally served.

And now, I could only imagine how deflated they are. But hey, let the media tell it, we're in a post racial society all because Obama is a viable candidate.

*walks away shaking my head*

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

I think he should rot in jail, as well.

Unfortunately, there IS a statute of limitations on murder. It does not apply to first degree murder, but, to all other murder charges and those laws vary by state. I'm guessing from the article that Mississippi tried him on crimes that were not first degree.

When it comes to injustices to people of color, they will not stop at finding a way to get at us, even if it means cutting off their own noses to spite their own faces. They will create laws that affect all people, including themselves, that allow criminals to "get away with murder" if it means burning people of color, in turn allowing their own kind to get off even when it's their own that have been killed.

Racism is alive and well and living in Amerikkka. Peace.

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP